1. Contact Information
2. Player Eligibility Rules
3. Payment Information
6. Game Cancellation Policies
7. Regular Season & Playoff Scheduling
8. Upcoming Leagues & Deadlines
1) What is the best way to contact MSSL?
- By phone at (615) 200-7575. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9AM-4:30PM
- By email at email@example.com
- If you need to mail a form or payment, our mailing address is: PO Box 8202, Hermitage TN, 37076.
1) What is the minimum age requirement? 18-years-old
- A team is allowed to play up to TWO PLAYERS under the age of 18, provided they are 16 or older at the start of the league, and they sign our minor liability waiver.
2) What are the player eligibility/roster rules?
- Picking up players: Mid State does not like forfeits. A team may pick up as many as 2 players from another team in order to play on that given day (the picked up players must be on another team and not a random fan unless the team has roster spots available). Mid State registered players can “pick up” as many times as they want throughout the season so long as they do not play for the same pickup team twice. Absolutely no picking up of players in the playoffs. Also, competitive softball divisions cannot pickup players from their same division.
- Regular Season Eligibility: Captains must submit their rosters to Mid State before the commencement of the first game. Captains may add players to that roster until reaching the maximum number of players for that sport.
i. Exceptions: If a team’s roster is full but a season ending injury is sustained, the team can add another player to the roster, however in co-ed leagues the replacement player must be of the same gender.
- Playoff Eligibility: To be eligible for the playoffs, the player must be on the team’s roster and must have played a minimum of one game during the regular season.
- Ejections: All ejections will result in the player being suspended from the game he or she was ejected from and the following game. Any player who engages will be removed from the league without refund.
3) How can I submit my roster?
Team captains must create a CAPTAIN PROFILE in order to submit and maintain their team roster(s).
Steps to Create a Profile:
- Go to the CAPTAIN PROFILE page. If you have an profile already, login on this page. If not, use the Registration form on the page to create a new profile. NOTE: if you have more than one team that you organize, you will only need ONE profile.
- Once registered and logged in, EDIT your captain profile.
- On the “Edit Profile” page, you will see the team roster form. Enter in all the information of your team, adding the names of all your players. Be sure to “Update” your profile after completing your roster.
- Throughout the season, any roster changes will occur here. If you need to add or remove a player, you will need to do so on your CAPTAIN PROFILE. Any roster changes sent to MSSL staff via email will be disregarded.
- Al changes must be completed to according to the above roster policy. Any players added after the cutoff date will not be eligible for playoffs.
- If you have more than one team, add additional rosters in the second and third team roster forms on your profile page.
1) What is the refund policy? Once the season starts, no refunds will be issued. Individuals can have 75% of their money refunded up until 1-week before the first game. Teams can have 75% of their money refunded up until 1-week prior to the start date of their league.
2) What is the difference between the team fee & individual fee? If you sign up as a team, then do not pay attention to the individual fee. Teams can take the total amount and divide it up amongst players as they see fit. Those who sign up as ‘individuals’ pay separately and do not have to worry about a ‘team fee’.
3) Is there a deposit required for registration? Yes. For individual registrants, we require the full registration fee to be paid before we will place you on your team. For team registration, we require $150 in payments to be made before we will place you on the league schedule. Captains can pay the full $150 deposit when they register their team, or have individual teammates make at least $150 in payments to meet this requirement (see below for “Teammate Pay”).
4) How can I make payments? We accept credit card payments online, over the phone, or check by mail.
* Please note: If paying by check, there will be a $20 service fee on checks returned for any reason.
5) How can I pay online? After completing a registration form online you will be redirected to the appropriate payment page. You can choose the league fee you need to pay and do so with your credit card.
7) Can my team pay their portion of the registration fee online? Yes! This is called “Teammate Pay.” Follow the steps below:
- As the captain of your team, you will first need to determine the amount that each individual player will need to pay. NOTE: If paying individually by Teammate Pay, your team payment will not exceed more than the full team amount.
- Each player must go to the TEAMMATE PAY page.
- Enter the amount you must pay for your individual portion, i.e., if 12 players are paying for a Softball team registration of $495, each will need to pay $41.25.
- On the final “Checkout Page,” enter the name of your team captain or your registered Team’s name.
8) What are the payment deadlines? Registration is not complete without submitting at least a $150 team deposit, individuals must submit the entire balance of their payment. These fees must be paid 1-week prior to the start of the league. The remaining balance must be paid prior to the first game. Teams will not be permitted to step on the court/field without paying their fees first.
Equipment (jerseys, t-shirts, balls, etc)
1) Does Mid State provide jerseys? Jerseys are not included in your league fees. However, we do supply shirts to our ‘free agent’ teams. Otherwise, teams are on their own if they want to purchase jerseys. We do have a partnership with a shirt company that provides quality shirts at a good rate. If you would like to place an order for custom jerseys, view this digital brochure to see available products, pricing, and contact information for our affiliate.
1) Do I have to have a team to register? No, you can sign up as a free agent by filling out the ‘individual registration’ form on each of the sports pages. We will then work with you to place you on a team. We typically form a free agent team comprised of all those who signed up as individuals on the website.
2) If I didn’t get enough for a team and sign up as an individual, can I still get a few of my friends to play on my team? Yes, each of you needs to sign up as an ‘individual’ and note that you would like to be placed together and we will ensure that happens. You can do this with one friend or as many as you like.
3) Is there a deposit required for registration? Yes. For individual registrants, we require the full registration fee to be paid before we will place you on your team. For team registration, we require $150 in payments to be made before we will place you on the league schedule. Captains can pay the full $150 deposit when they register their team, or have individual teammates make at least $150 in payments to meet this requirement (see above for “Teammate Pay”).
Game Cancellation Policies
1) What is the inclement weather policy? If rain or snow has occurred during the work day, Mid State will make a decision by 4pm as to whether the games are canceled or not. Please do not call or e-mail on game day prior to 4pm. You will be notified if a cancellation is made via Facebook and Twitter. Please ensure that you are following these accounts. We will also send out an e-mail to all the captains if the cancellation takes place before 4pm. If it is after 4pm, you will be dependent upon our social media accounts.
2) What happens if games are canceled? Teams will continue to play their schedules out for the following weeks (for example: if the following week is January 12, teams will play those scheduled games as opposed to the canceled games from January 5). We will ensure that teams get their allotted number of games regardless of rainouts unless teams agree otherwise. We do, however reserve the right to play makeup games on different days of the week to get in all games.
3) What if my team forfeits? If you know you will forfeit for the evening, please send a courtesy e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams with a forfeit will not be able to win any tiebreakers in the standings.
Regular Season & Playoff Scheduling
1) When will the schedule be released for our league? Your schedule will be released 5-7 days before the start of your league.
2) What is the playoff format? All teams from all leagues enter the playoffs. Playoffs will typically be a single elimination format in which teams are paired by seeding. In some circumstances, the playoffs may be double elimination depending on number of teams and games scheduled.
3) What is the tiebreaker if we are tied in the final standings?
- Any team that has forfeited a game automatically loses in a tie-breaker scenario
- Point/run differential
- Flip of coin
1) Where do I find more information about upcoming leagues? You can find a complete list of all our upcoming leagues at our UPCOMING SPORTS PAGE. We only post the leagues for the current season and the immediately upcoming season on the website. But we do leagues in almost every sport during all seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer).
2) Is there a deadline for when I can sign up for an upcoming league? Individuals and teams may sign up for leagues as many as three days prior to the commencement of the league. However, leagues may fill up prior to this time, so it is best to sign up early.