- Players must be 18 years or older. A team is allowed to play up to TWO PLAYERS under the age of 18, provided they are 16 or older at the start of the league, and they sign our minor liability waiver.
- Picking up players: Mid State does not like forfeits. A team may pick up as many as 2 players from another team in order to play on that given day (the picked up players must be on another team and not a random fan unless the team has roster spots available). Mid State registered players can “pick up” as many times as they want throughout the season so long as they do not play for the same pickup team twice. Absolutely no picking up of players in the playoffs. If a league is denoted as “A/B”, a “B-Division” team may have ONE “A-Division” player on their roster from any league in that sport.
- Regular Season Eligibility: Captains must submit their rosters to Mid State before the commencement of the first game. Captains may add players to that roster until reaching the maximum number of players for that sport.
- Exceptions: If a team’s roster is full but a season ending injury is sustained, the team can add another player to the roster, however in co-ed leagues the replacement player must be of the same gender.
- Playoff Eligibility: To be eligible for the playoffs, the player must be on the team’s roster and must have played a minimum of one game during the regular season.
- Ejections: All ejections will result in the player being suspended from the game he or she was ejected from and the following game. Any player who engages will be removed from the league without refund.
- Team captains must create a CAPTAIN PROFILE in order to submit and maintain their team roster(s).
Mid-State Sports Leagues uses TSSAA Basketball Rules in governing all league and tournament games. The following rules have been modified or added to fit the Mid-State Sports League.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS TO START AND FINISH
Teams may start and finish a game with four players. Game time is forfeit time, DON’T BE LATE!!!
The length of the game is forty minutes, divided into two halves of twenty minutes with a running clock. The clock will be a regulation clock during the final two minutes of each half.
Each team will be in the bonus at seven team fouls and the double bonus at ten team fouls. Players will be removed with five fouls in any one game.
Players can leave their position on the block ON THE RELEASE of the shooter.
The Home Team is the team located on the left of each scheduled game.
Players participating in MSSL’s basketball leagues are required to wear shirts with numbers. The jerseys do not have to be official, but need to at least be t-shirts with the numbers of players on the back. SAME COLOR SHIRTS PLEASE
Players will not be permitted to play with jewelry including but not limited to knotted bandanas, hats, rings, watches, or earrings.
Overtime periods will be three minutes each and the clock will stop the final minute of the overtime period. Each team will be awarded one time out not to be carried over in each overtime period.
When a team is winning by fifteen points within two minutes remaining in the game, the clock will not stop.
Each team is awarded two timeouts per half and one timeout per overtime. Timeouts do not carry over
Any teams that are tied with the same record at the end of the season will have the tiebreaker determined by the following:
1) Head to Head
2) Head to head point differential
3) Season Point differential